How does EmbroidMe collect and hold your personal information?
Where possible, EmbroidMe will generally collect your personal information directly from you. EmbroidMe may also collect your personal information from our franchisees in various circumstances including in relation to our products and services, or from third parties who provide your personal information to us to allow us to contact you regarding potential franchise opportunities with EmbroidMe. We may also collect personal information from our website(s), Facebook or other social media platforms that we operate or establish.
What personal information about you does EmbroidMe collect and hold?
The types of personal information that EmbroidMe collects from you will be directly related to the specific purpose for which it has been collected. How much personal information that you choose to disclose to us is completely up to you. The only way we know something about you personally is if you provide it to us. However, failure to provide certain information may result in EmbroidMe being unable to provide you with the relevant product or service.
The information EmbroidMe collects will include:
- · If you request information from us directly (e.g. via our website) we may collect information from you such as your name, email address and phone number(s).
- · If you make an enquiry, provide feedback or make a complaint to us, we may collect information from you such as your name, email address, phone number(s) and address.
- If you make an application for employment with EmbroidMe, we may collect any information that is relevant to such employment including:
- your name and contact details (i.e. residential address, phone number(s) and/or email address)
- any other information relevant to the recruitment process (including any information contained in the application form and your resume).
- If you are applying to become an EmbroidMe franchisee, we may collect information such as your name, postal address, telephone number, email address, education details, residency status, employment history, financial capacity and other information relating to your qualifications and experience.
EmbroidMe does not generally collect information defined as ‘sensitive information’ in the Privacy Act (such as racial or ethnicity information, political associations, health information and criminal records). However, subject to obtaining your prior consent, EmbroidMe may collect sensitive information from you in the course of considering your application for employment or your application for an EmbroidMe franchise.
What does EmbroidMe do with your personal information?
We will only use and disclose your personal information for the purposes which you provide it or a related secondary purpose which you would reasonably expect. This includes, for example:
- · providing the products and/or services you have requested from EmbroidMe including for example:
- · assessing and administering any applications for employment with EmbroidMe; and
- · assessing and administering any applications for a franchise with EmbroidMe.
- delivering products or services to you;
- managing warranty claims; or
- responding to any enquiries, feedback or complaints made by you;
Who will EmbroidMe disclose your personal information to?
EmbroidMe may disclose your personal information to:
- · other companies or people that we have your consent to share the information with;
- · other members of EmbroidMe’s related group companies;
- · all staff involved in processing or managing your franchise agreement with EmbroidMe and other third parties who may be required to assist us with processing or managing your franchise agreement;
- · contractors and third party service providers, on a confidential basis, that we use in the ordinary course of our business to assist with the delivery of the product or service you have requested; and
- · in the case of prospective franchisees, business brokers who may be able to offer alternative franchise opportunities in the event we do not offer you an EmbroidMe franchise.
We may disclose your personal information to recipients outside of Australia. EmbroidMe is a company based in the United States of America. EmbroidMe will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is handled by any overseas recipients in accordance with the Privacy Act and our instructions for the purposes described above. By providing EmbroidMe with your personal information, you consent to this disclosure of your personal information.
You may request access to personal information (including your credit information) we hold about you by contacting the Privacy Officer at the address below. Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will endeavour to provide you with a suitable range of choices as to how access is provided (eg, emailing or mailing it to you). A fee may be charged to cover the cost of retrieval.
If at any time you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request amendment of it and we will either amend the information or make a record of your comment, as we think appropriate.
Where we have obtained your consent to do so, or in circumstances where you would reasonably expect that your personal information would be used or disclosed for this purpose, we may contact you from time to time with marketing material about our other products or services. We may also share your personal information with our related entities, our franchisee network and our related brands and businesses (including the Sign*A*Rama and Plan Ahead Events